Thursday, March 03, 2005

Thomson DHD4000 Freeview PVR
I bought one of these this week. The hard disk recording is quiet, and it seems to work well, but I have a few issues with it.

Like the EPG. After 3 nights it has still failed miserably to download it. So I'm stuck with Now and Next.. Grrreat! I don't know whether its because my MUX D signal isn't brilliant (it seems okay and the channels on it work fine) or something more bizarre.

It must have attempted to download it since it has been reset every morning and I've had to search for channels again. This was particularly annoying the first morning it happened because I'd spent an hour or so rearranging all the channels to a more useful order and setting up favourites. I've given this up since. Apparently according to digitalspy forum posts, this foolish forgetting behaviour should stop once I successfully download the EPG or the Saturday night firmware update.

I guess I'll give it another week and if it hasn't downloaded the update/epg I'll look at buying a signal booster.

No comments: