Thursday, January 29, 2004

Kar! Why are you reading this? Haven't you got anything better to do?

I've been perusing the stuff about that Hutton Enquiry thing. I wonder if anyone has actually read the whole thing, 800 pages of legalspk - that'd make NyQuil look like an amphetamine.

Does anyone else find it odd that Alastair Campbell is now preaching like he's some kind of saint. Didn't he borrow most of the dossier from a student thesis anyway.. If I were that student I'd be after royalties.

Also see:
Scotsman article on evidence not considered by the enquiry.

Also Greg Dyke (the DG) and Gavyn Davies (the Chairman) who resigned from the Beeb over this, had a history of being strong labour supporters, I hope Blair isn't counting on future donations.

Frankly though - how wrong were the Beeb... I can't see any WoMD... can you? If being guilty of slight exaggeration in an unscripted interview is a crime - then they may as well lock up the planet.

Don't get me wrong, I think Blair was right to go to war in Iraq, because Saddam was a nasty human rights abusing scumbag... All this emphasis on locating weapons, and dodgy dossiers gets away from what is the most important thing now.. i.e. to ensure the Iraqi people are able to elect their own representatives, and benefit fully from their oil resources.

No comments: